Tropic Mews Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Great Unknown

2 posters

Go down

Into the Great Unknown Empty Into the Great Unknown

Post by Nanarith Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:29 pm

((In cased ya missed it, here's how Nana got here. Smile https://tropicmewsroleplay.forumotion.com/t7-the-midnight-gathering ))

Double and triple checking her disguise before leaving The Gooseberry Inn, Nanarith felt confident she wouldn't be discovered, pending being tackled and her hood ripped from her head. Maybe she should just enchant the hood she was wearing, to help with her disguise, and get it over with, but she didn't want to risk alerting anyone to her location. At least the bangles she wore, the only charmed piece that had survived the relocation spell along with the charm on her tail, masked her magic "scent", as it were. She had no idea what kind of cross breeds or abilities these Dimebians had developed to detect magic. It WAS one of the main sources of their enemies' battle prowess. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts. She had to be clear minded to focus on getting out of this village as quickly as possible, once she had secured some supplies for the road.

She quickly happened upon a food goods store, aptly named :The Food Wagon. She quirked her mouth into a small smile, thinking to herself, "They certainly are to the point on their name practices in this place..." She scrunched her nose at the odor when she entered the place, something had gone bad on one of the shelves. The scruffy looking clerk, tending the huge wooden counter, didn't seem to notice though. Without even saying anything she scooted her list of supplies across the counter to the clerk. He seemed to be used to THIS kind of thing as well, simply taking the list and beginning to acquire everything. If anything he was good at his job, gathering all she had on her list in less then half an hour. She was surprised they even had a few of the more exotic things she had added to the list, in hopes they would actually have it. She smirked to herself, if they were going to force her out of her own village, the least they could do is pay for some extra herbs and spices to help her meals taste better.

The clerk raised his eyebrow slightly at her as she smirked out of nowhere. Nanarith quickly assumed a more neutral stance with her mouth, just staring at him and saying, "How much?" Telling her the amount she quickly counted out the necessary currencies. Slinging the somewhat medium size pack over her shoulder, she exited the store. The sack didn't weigh her down hardly at all of course, her training at the village was just as intensively physical as it was magically mental. Wearily keeping her eye out for any thieves or soldiers that might be close at hand, she began to make her way to the exit of the village.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Into the Great Unknown Empty Re: Into the Great Unknown

Post by DarkSenshi Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

((I'll join in, though Quinci joining means that this is around the time after Jessi and Riley left the Motel Stikket, if we are adhering to the main storyline that is. If this is a problem, I'll remove this post.))

*Quinci wanders the streets of the village. It looks like he has traveled as far as he can go here, beyond lies the barrier, and he knows he doesn't want to go there. He checks his phone for messages (I'm assuming cellphones are not an uncommon technology on this side of the barrier, correct me if I'm wrong) but there were none.

It had already been a week or two since he had hitched a ride to leave the brothel with all the money he had saved up. None of his friends had sent him anything since they split ways. He hopes they're all okay.

So far, no job. He still has quite a bit of money left but if he keeps sending in money to his family without getting some form of income it wouldn't take long for him to be out. He figured he could always resort to working the streets, but that's pretty dangerous, especially when you're not sure if the people you solicit will appreciate a male's... ahem... attention.

As luck would have it though there appeared to be a shady traveler passing by, covered up in a hood. Judging by their stature he figures they are probably female, or in any case someone he could take should they take offense to the offer... Building up some courage he takes his chance and approaches her.

"Hey there beautiful. Looks like you've come a long way. Care to have a little fun before you leave town?"

DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

http://www.darksenshi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:50 pm

DarkSenshi wrote:((I'll join in, though Quinci joining means that this is around the time after Jessi and Riley left the Motel Stikket, if we are adhering to the main storyline that is. If this is a problem, I'll remove this post.))

((Far as I know each thread , unless plainly stated, is its own timeline dealio. Smile Don't qoute me on it though! Smile I wouldn't stress it too much though. Very Happy Far as cell phones... er... I dunno. o.O I mean they have guns... I really don't know lol.))

Nanarith had almost made it out of the village, without incident when she was called upon. She titled her head so most of her face was visible with a look of complete annoyance. She had not grown up near where such practices were common, but she was not ignorant to it. She decides to give this character the benefit of the doubt, however, him being the first actual person who had talked to HER, without her initiating a conversation. She placated her face to more of a neutral, though not unfriendly, look. She raised her eyebrows at him, " "A little fun before I leave town"? I'm not going to assume, but pray-tell, what kind of fun do you mean? I am in a hurry, so be quick about it."

Looking up at the sky, she frowned slightly, the sun was lower then she had wanted it to be when she left this place. She sighed, it looked like there was no point in starting out walking this day, she would just have to make camp and waste supplies a few hours out. There was a perfectly good inn here, so she decided she would stay one more night before heading out.

She wanted to get to the Gooseberry Inn before it got crowded and all that was left of the food was slim pickings to order from. So she leaned her satchel against a wall, folded her arms over her chest, and looked at the man, waiting for a reply.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSenshi Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Quinci wasn't sure what to be more surprised by, that he found himself talking to an Asèdai, or that he had so underestimated her. She was taller than he was! Maybe he couldn't take her in a fight after all. He keeps one hand towards his side, near his tail just in case.

How to answer her question? This was so much easier back at the motel...

"Um... I could spend the night with you, if you have some cash to spare, then in the morning I could be on my way and... and out of your hair..."

*Thinks to himself: Oh shit! I didn't mean to make that rhyme! So lame!
DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:04 pm

((She's actually disguised as a Dimebian, so he wouldnt know she is Asèdai. ^^ Like I put in first post she's got the charmed ribbon to make her tail like Dimebian one. The only thing that would stand out are the markings on her face, but I'm sure a lot of Dimebians have facial tattoos and the like. Very Happy No biggie. Smile Just she's kinda in enemy territory so she disguised herself . XD))

"Spend the night with me...?", she echoed his words in disbelief. She said to him disgustedly, "I can't believe you have the audacity to proposition me!" Her anger getting the better of her, she simply placed her palm flat against his chest, "How DARE you say such a thing to me. You don't even KNOW me!" A soft glow envelops her hand, the air around the two crackling slightly, like heat lightning, soundless. She sends a fairly good jolt into him, no doubt frying his nervous system briefly, knocking him away from her. She hadn't used magic since coming to these lands, aside form the minor concealment spell she had cast on herself earlier. Something had clearly messed with her abilities, going through that transportation spell had altered something. She didn't know if it was temporary or not, but her body was using more power then she was willing it too. This came as evident by a few blinding streaks of lightning coming from her hand. It was quick, before she could even blink a few times. She barely registered it and it was done. Luckily they missed the man in front of her, a few good sized holes scarring the wall of a building behind him. They could have just as easily been on his body.

She knew she had overstayed her welcome after this. It was getting close to evening so it didn't look like anyone had noticed, but she couldn't risk it. Wasted supplies or not she would have to leave tonight. She had not meant to attempt to kill or gravely injure the man, merely drive him away from her in her anger. She had to be careful about what she cast from now on, and pray it was a temporary alteration to her body.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSenshi Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:50 pm

((My bad!))

Quinci was momentarily surprised, but quickly came to his senses. Grabbing his tail at the base he strokes through it quickly and produces a hand full of long needle-like quills. He holds them like a sort of makeshift knife and makes a somewhat haphazard defensive stance, though an experienced fighter would tell his legs are more positioned to make a run for it.

"S-Stay back!" He says loudly, trying his best to sound like someone who has something that can stand up against a lighting bolt, "Stay back or I'll- I- Don't come any closer!"

Thoughts: pleasedon'thurtmepleasedon'thurtmepleasedon'thurtmepleasedon'thurtmethiscrazybitchisgoingtokillme she'sgoingtokillmeandI'mgoingtodiebutIdon'twannnnnnnaaaaaaa!

Just then from some distance behind him he can hear voices "It came from there!" one of them said. Quinci knew these people could help him, but he also knew he didn't want to explain how he was soliciting people on the streets. Which way to run?
DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 am

Gritting her teeth in annoyance as Quinci pulls... Nanarith's annoyed visage slightly turns amused, before returning to annoyed stature: Were...were those quills? She is already backing away, not wanting a fight to begin with despite her anger issue, whens he hears the yelling too. It was time to go. She hesitated only briefly this time before attempting to cast another concealment spell on herself, the sort of optical camouflage she had used when she first arrived here. It abruptly failed to work. Showing confusion she tried to pour more energy into the spell to hasten a second attempt, that was her first mistake. As it did before the spell drained more out of her then she had wanted it too,an entire section of the village simply vanished to anyone that was standing outside the effected area. Her eyes went wide with shock, she instinctively cut the spell off but had done its work on her body. She staggered slightly, gasping with the sudden loss the spell had taken from her.

She could see far enough off to see people actually stopping at the edge of the 'dome' she had created, most likely seeing well...nothing. Normally it would have concealed the caster of the spell by mirroring the area around them, but this was too large a scale to do that effectively. Most likely it took on a sort of default look, simply a mirror reflection of whatever was tempting to peer through it. She had to get away, she was weak and horribly tired from these two mishaps. She made to start the opposite of the direction of the earlier shouting, when she made her second mistake. She shouldn't have tried to move so soon. She stumbled forward, falling to the ground this time. She looked back towards Quinci, making sure he didn't try anything while she was down. But he seemed more worried about sharing her idea of retreating.

Gritting her teeth she pulled herself up, adjusting her hood and began half jogging, half limping towards what she hoped was the exit to this village. There was no way she was going to allow this to be her place of death.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSenshi Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:55 am

Quinci forgets all about the girl for a second as he gapes at the dome. Did she do this, or was it something else entirely? Then he noticed that whatever had happened had effected her as she stumbles to the ground.

He takes the chance to bolt past her and begins breaking into a run, except... What on earth would happen to him if he tries to get past the dome? He can see people on the other side just looking at it. Could he die if he tires to go through? Or is it like a wall? Some of those people don't look pleased to say the least. Then he sees the girl limping her way his direction... His feet still wanted to run and worry about the dome when he got to it, but at the same time he wasn't sure, and he felt kind of resp-

This was no time to think. Yes or no?... "Fine" he decided, "I am so stupid!" and quickly made his way back to her, still holding the quills just in case.

"I need to get out of here, and you need help getting there fast." He tells her, half sternly, half afraid "Yes or no?"
DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 am

Nanarith flinches as the man rushes past her, just to turn around at the edge of the dome. He catches up with her just as she nears the end of the street, offering to help her, of all things. She stares daggers at him, slapping his hand away and brushing past him, "I don't need your help, Dimebian." She limps towards the edge of the dome, making good progress despite her malady. She occasionally looks back, making sure the man won't attack her when her back is turned. She doesn't even bother to stop at the edge of the dome, doing her half-jog straight through it. She lets a sigh of relief escape her lips, there wasn't any sign of people on this side and she was near the edge of the village. Unfortunately these people must be used to raids or something of the like, because there are guards posted at the gates. No doubt they would demand she pull her hood back, revealing her whole head. She couldn't have that.

Making her way down one of the side streets, she found a promising alley with a dead end and several windows facing into it. From the looks of it, she was in a very unused part of the village. Most likely old houses people abandoned when the village expanded, leaving it to rot rather then waste the effort to tear it down. Apparently she was lucky tonight as some old storage crates were left forgotten, leaving just enough height she could reach one of the windows. Carefully climbing to the window, she pressed her palm against the smooth glass. It was cold to the touch, sending a slight shiver down her back. Hoping what she experienced earlier with her other minor spell was just a fluke, she risked casting another minor spell. Very tiny, but strong vibrations resonated from her hand and into the glass. It vibrated fiercely until tiny cracks appeared throughout the entire window. She gently pushed her covered elbow into the now fragile as well...glass, glass, it shattering easily and quietly from her nudge.

Clearing away any loose shards that might reach any exposed skin she climbed through the window, surveying what kind of building she had entered. Obviously some kind of workshop, a few tools lay scattered on the bare floors, forgotten as well. This would have to do for her to stay in for the night. She hoped the man hadn't been able to follow her and wouldn't escalate another altercation so close to the gate that was currently guarded. She sighed, beginning to search for anything she might be able to use as a make shift cot.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSenshi Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 am

Quinci feels kind of bad about the woman's predicament. He should have known that someone would be offended at the offer, but he'd never guessed something like this could happen.

"I am so never working the streets again..." He thinks to himself.

Still, at least he could see that she made it outside the barrier in once piece, so he figured he may just make it out alright. To be extra sure he throws his quills out first. Once they make it, he shuts his eyes tight and bolts through. Finding himself in one piece on the other side he lets out a sigh of relief and clutching the straps of his backpack, runs as far away from the dome as possible.

He figures it would be best to leave the village and keep going until he came to the next one, even if it means not sleeping till he gets there. Trying his best to act casual, he walks up to the guards at the nearest gate.
DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

((Sorry for late reply! Smile ))

The morning sunlight barely made it through the filthy windows of the building she had made her resting place last night. Her internal clock did the work for her a few hours before the sun came up to wake her, so she was already making plans on how to elude the guards. The simplest way was to wait for a crowd or group of people leaving together and blend in, but she doubted this Podunk town had THAT many people leave at once, unless it was an adventuring group of some kind. Instead, she made her way back out the window ,she had broken the night before, and edge around the building going far enough from the gate she could study the wall in peace. There was enough cracks in the wall she could climb it easily if she was in top condition, but she was still drained from last nights escapades, so she risked using yet another spell. She actually used a spell she normally used for attacking or defending. Chanting softly, she flexed her fingers, willing the magic through her fingers, into the tips, and over the nails. Her nails extended out enough she would be able to dig into the wall, and they were hard enough that they wouldn't break off when she was climbing. They actually had a sort of metallic look to them now, glinting in the sun. She made doubly sure not to attract the guards attention with said reflective nails. Digger her new found claws into the wall she used them to take her weight, making the climb easier. She was up and over the wall in a matter of minutes, it wasn't very high to begin with.

She didn't bother retracting the spell, it would wear off in a few minutes anyway. Adjusting her hood, she made her way into the woods ahead of her, going far enough that the guards wouldn't see her emerging from them and onto the road leading from the village. Two days. She had barely been in these lands for two days and she had already had to many close calls. A wilder part of her enjoyed it though, at the village it had all been studying and training every day, she rarely was allowed to venture outside the village. These were exotic lands to her and she was going to make en effort to enjoy at LEAST the fact she was in another land entirely.

Heading out on the road, opposite the way back to the village, she adjusted her pack and hoped her luck would change for the better.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSenshi Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:25 am

(No worries!)
*Quinci woke up a bit late the next morning, in a hotel at the closest city next to the village he left last night. It was a long walk before he managed to get a ride, and he practically arrived at the hotel half asleep. He was just getting dressed while listening to the news being broadcast. They were talking about the dome from last night, and how it was actually a large output of magic caused by an unknown source.

When they brought up the possibility of it being caused by an individual, Quinci's thoughts immediately recalled the hooded girl.

"I'm luckier than I thought." He thinks to himself "She could have killed me."

They wrap up by saying there is a cash reward out for any information which leads to the source of this magical outburst. Quinci turns it off, then leaves the room to go get some breakfast.

(Continued in Those Who Came Before Us )
DarkSenshi
DarkSenshi
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum