Tropic Mews Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Gathering

4 posters

Go down

The Midnight Gathering Empty The Midnight Gathering

Post by Nanarith Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm

((Just thought I'd put out how Nanarith got through the barrier. I don't know what magics and such the barrier blocks, so if this is wrong to the lore, let me know, Krista, and I'll gladly change it up to fit it. :)I just imagined as a 'wall' type thing, so not sure what that 'wall' blocks. Smile As for once inside... disguise idea it is! Very Happy))

This wasn't a "Who was best suited" or "Who was the most qualified" type of situation. It was purely and simply "Who had the most magical potential and could problematically survive the journey." type of situation. And this fell to Nanarith. In her village she was the one who would potentially survive the spell. She would be the one "entrusted" with the item and thrown through the chaos. To put it bluntly: She had the biggest horns. She had been groomed from a young age to love, respect, dedicate her very being to her tribe... She hated every minute, since the moment she learned the concept of the word "hate". She had grown up watching the other children around her being pampered and loved by the village. But it had been a very long time since one of her "prowess" had been born to the tribe. They didn't want to mess it up. It all accumulated to this one night. In a way she was glad, all the training she had endured, all the hardships, it would finally be over... she would be free. Even if it was the slightest of chances she would survive the process. One way or another she would be free.

She allowed herself a small smile , as they led her to the divination circle that would decide her fate, she really hoped it was the success that would mean her freedom... not the dying. Three former leaders of her village led her. Gray or graying hair all, even by Asedai life spans, it was all evidence of why her upbringing was of such importance to the village. They hated themselves for what they'd done to her, she should have been their next leader, but it was necessary. The Dimebian military wanted the source of their power. It had made so many of them sterile, but the children who grow up with horns were exponentially more powerful. They were dying out though, and the means of one girl didn't outweigh the survival of their village. They needed someone powerful enough to protect it and to send it away, so they could repopulate, thrive. They needed Nanarith to leave or be destroyed with the crystal in attempting to leave. It was a risk, but one way or another they would be rid of it.

They led Nanarith to the edge of the circle, allowing her to continue alone. Nanarith shivered slightly as she crossed the threshold of it. She could feel the powerful magic being channeled through it. Around the outside of the circle was the twelve remaining members of her village that could use magic. They held hands, chanting and channeling their energies into the circle. Nanarith was well taught in many forms of magic. This was something she had never felt before, it had the inklings of something to make one float somewhat. She had been told it was a transportation spell, but she didn't believe it. She was told her destination could not be determined. She held out hope she would make it through the process alive.

END of Part1.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Gathering Empty Re: The Midnight Gathering

Post by Nanarith Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 pm

((Part 2)) The chanting was beginning to work its way into her head. A lulling sound, drowning everything else out. It was like she was in a trance. The magic began to build, the chanting getting louder and louder... Then silence. Her eyes were so tightly shut it took her a minute to realize there was no other sound then a quiet wind whistling in her ears. She slowly opened her eyes, she was standing in a wide grassy field. A well traveled path that looked like some kind of road was off in the distance. A few decaying buildings that looked liked they hadn't been used in years were scattered around the field, their decrepit stone walls all but gone.

She let out a short, loud laugh full of joy and thankfulness. She had survived. She was free. The reality of the burden she carried inside her slowly ate through the relief , bringing her back down to earth and focusing her mind of getting out of the immediate area. She had no idea if any Dimebian military bases were located around this area and if they had ways to monitor for magical spikes near them. The spell that brought her here would most certainly alert any type of device such as those.

She made her way to the road, risking casting some forms of concealment spells on herself. She figured they had already been alerted, so she could risk it. The light bent around her, mirroring the environment surrounding her. Essentially, unless someone stumbled into her, she was invisible to the naked eye. It wouldn't last as long, but she didn't want to be constantly feeding the spell energy to maintain it for a long period of time, so she cut it off, essentially tying a knot in the stream feeding energy to the spell. It should last a few good hours at the least. She knew not if this was how others would efficiently do these spells, but she didn't have any real practice in extended usage of magic. This was just how she interpreted her teachings back at the village.

She traveled down the road, looking for some kind of inn to stop and eat at. They had risked giving her some of the currency she might need, but didn't want to risk tainting anything perishable, such as food, if she got through the spell safely. She didn't even know if the clothes she wore or the currency should we give out would do any harm, having any residual effects from the spell. She had to eat to live and rest to live, so she had to risk it. Her concealment spell expired just as she neared a small village down the road. She quickly made sure the headgear she wore covered her horns adequately and the charmed ribbon tied around her tail was working properly to make it look like a normal Dimebian feline tail. It would have to do for now. She walked into the obvious inn/pub, with a sign out front printed: The Gooseberry Inn, and procured a room and hot meal for the night.

Thus her "adventure" in Dimebian controlled lands began.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by Roserietta Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

((I want to reply to this.
Agharhahgah))
Roserietta
Roserietta
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:19 am

((When it comes to Asedai and magic, I'm giving people free reign with their characters! So no worries here~
DO IT, EBBERS. DO IT.))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

http://www.lovelykouga.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roserietta Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 am

((Y U NO JOIN ME WITH YOUR FARREN GIRL))
Roserietta
Roserietta
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 am

(('COS SHE LIVES ON THE ASEDAI SIDE OF THE BARRIER, BEETCH. SHE'S STICK OUT A BIT HERE, RIDING A GIANT FREAKING SLOTH))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

http://www.lovelykouga.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roserietta Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am

((THEN WHY DO I HAVE TO
AH
BUT I AM NOT AN ASEDAI
-RUNS-))
Roserietta
Roserietta
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Drax Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 am

Roserietta wrote:((I want to reply to this.
Agharhahgah))

((YOu should totally do it! Its actually continued on the mixed forum though. ^^ This is just explanation of how she got into dimbiean lands. Very Happy))
Drax
Drax
Military
Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum