Tropic Mews Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maj War

4 posters

Go down

The Maj War Empty The Maj War

Post by HowlingSigurd Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 pm

((In case you need reminding, apparently the Dimebians and Asedai used to be at war before the barrier was put up or something. A physical barrier was needed to end hostilities. Not diplomacy, not an armistice, no political sabotage or new policies, no, a freakin' magical barrier was needed to literally separate the forces.

What kind of war requires that? How brutal could it have been? Were the Dimebians really that powerful despite their overall lack of magic? Were the Asedai attempting to buy time or was this the most peaceful solution the leaders agreed upon? One thing is certain though:

How's a big old sandbox of political drama and gigantic battles with characters flying in and out of the place, hmm? Asedai, Dimebian, or otherwise, pick your sides and hit the dirt! Would anybody be interested in a war based RP?))
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

The Maj War Empty Re: The Maj War

Post by LovelyKouga Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:28 pm

((Hell to the yeah! What a Face
If I were to be in this one, I'd probably have to make a new character for that time period. I'll make an Asedai, just to keep it interesting ;P
Because of the language barrier, only very few on either side had the opportunity to learn the other's language, and of course didn't help the problems, fighting and misunderstandings.

I might enter with this chick, simply because she's probably the most interesting and badass))

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

((I'll call her Farren))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

http://www.lovelykouga.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingSigurd Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:10 pm

((Noice. The language barrier might be a bit of a problem, then again it will have two sides so not like they'll be talking to each other much. Maybe two threads then. One Asedai, one Dimebian? Nah, won't intersect enough. Still, need more people for the battles.))
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:15 pm

((We could always cheat and just pretend they understand each other - we don't want to ruin anyone's fun. And hey, magic can explain everything, maybe an Asedai cast a 'language spell' or something XD; ))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Drax Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 pm

((I'm totally down for this soon as I figure my avatar problem out. XD Guess could just put biography for this new character at beginning of post when we start 'er up? Very Happy))
Drax
Drax
Military
Military

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:18 pm

((Yeah that's a good idea, just post a description! The icon thing is just really helpful to others is all, but I'm sure we can work with it))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingSigurd Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:03 pm

LovelyKouga wrote:((We could always cheat and just pretend they understand each other - we don't want to ruin anyone's fun. And hey, magic can explain everything, maybe an Asedai cast a 'language spell' or something XD; ))

((Could be a standard spell or something to help warriors intercept enemy communications. You know, like a wizard did it....think the biggest barrier is not much is known about the Asedai. Oh well, we'll see what works. I'll try and make one.))
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

Post by Drax Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:34 am

((Not entirely sure how Asedai magic works either (Maybe Krista can leak some details XD), but I always think of the simplest thing is to look it as anything else someone has to learn to do: The more someone teaches you/practice at it/just plain do it, the better at it you get. So, I guess it would be up to the individual Asedai? I could be completely wrong of course. Razz In regards to the 'language spell' maybe we should just no brainer it? Like the two warring factions at the time didn't want a bunch of collateral damage so they agreed to fight in one area (like the area along where the barrier is now). Maybe some kind of mass 'universal translation' spell went awry by the Asedai that were casting it and it covered the entire battlefield they fight in. Essentially anyone who enteres is granted a temporary "Language translation spell", like you guys mentioned? Very Happy Just a thought! I dunno! Smile))
Drax
Drax
Military
Military

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 am

((I'm moving this thread to the 'Idea Discussion' category on the front page, ok?))

Not entirely sure how Asedai magic works either (Maybe Krista can leak some details
I'd be happy too, haha!
As you know, magic can only be 'created' by women, but often they will enchant trinkets for males to use. The trinkets won't be as powerful as created magic, but it could enhance weapons or allow them a weaker power. Enchantments can only be made by the most powerful of Asedai women because they have to force so much magic into an object, so usually, that means the leader. This means technically a male can 'use' magic.
Popular trinkets are ones that can disguise Asedai as Dimebians, as Leem will do later on.

Magic is a very personal thing, and once a young girl goes through basic magic training (strength, weapons, agility), she can choose what she does from there. Farren (posted the pic further up) obviously chose to be a creature tamer instead of focusing on magic, but she might use it to steady an arrow in flight, use small shocks to tamer her creatures, etc. She'd have to train herself at it though, so she's effectively tailored her power to suit herself.

Magic can do almost anything you can think of, so get creative!
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingSigurd Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:46 am

Every time I think about how it is female only magic it makes me think of this gif (slightly nsfw-ish I suppose, think naked barbie doll):
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:55 am

Weird, that just linked to funnyjunk.com for me? XD; Even tho the url clearly says it's a .GIF

Well the men get to be extremely strong physically, and have natural protection against weaker magics. So it's sooort of balanced out XD
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingSigurd Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 am

Link works for me. *Sigh* Just google funnyjunk and then sexy beam and it should pop up first in google I guess.

This is true I suppose. What good is a complicated magic requiring focus, concentration, forming an image in your head, contacting the spirits, a speed-lines background, when a man can throw a oak tree at you or punch you in your stupid magic head.

Question though. I remember there being that magic eater creature. Does the creature do anything to men?

Also, is Asedai magic based in their biology (like a gland that secretes a magic hormone) or is it more a teaching based on their culture? Obviously with the gender requirement and horns it has a biological component, but say could an Asedai woman train hard and sprout bigger horns in from training? Or are the horns as sign that you understand the magic or what? Nature vs nurture and all that.
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:22 am

OK LMAO...that is amusing. TASTE MY FEMININITY.

The magic eater creature used to be a female Asedai, but she had her horns removed as a trophy by a Dimebian during the war. She never got over the shock, pain and limitations of life as a female without magic, so she fled to the jungle, living off small magical creatures and such. She changed, obviously, and soon became a mindless husk who wanted bigger fare.
But you might have noticed that after she feeds, she grew large fangs and claws...pretty much, she can rip the males to shreds, but she can't seriously cripple them like she did to Juubi/females.

Asedai magic is very much genetic, all females can use it, but horns help with channelling magic from the environment much like a lightening rod. So the bigger they are, the more she can attract and use. Just because she can use it, doesn't mean she can or knows how to. Asedai have 'genetic memories' of sorts, so they can tap into knowledge that their ancestors have.

And no, there's no way to make their horns bigger, it's simply a genetic thing.
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingSigurd Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 am

Interestingly enough, there are more of these on tumblr apparently. Perhaps that is why so many holy women wish to remain 'pure'.

And thanks for the clarification. Was gonna make an Asedai, but was holding off until I got more info.
HowlingSigurd
HowlingSigurd
Crimson Clover
Crimson Clover

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjaykirby Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 pm

i'll join in as an asedai.
jayjaykirby
jayjaykirby
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by Drax Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

We should totally get this started! Very Happy BATTLE COMMENCE! Start it off, Siggy! Was your idea. XD
Drax
Drax
Military
Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum