Tropic Mews Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You with the tall tales!

4 posters

Go down

You with the tall tales! Empty You with the tall tales!

Post by Pink-Myotis Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 pm

((THIS TOOK FOR EVERRRRRRR. Anyways I don't like typing a ton unless it's absolutely needed. SO CASUALLL~ style! ))

Knute sat hunched over, eating a large bulbous purple fruit. The pace he was eating it at though, couldn't really be called 'eating' because he was too busy admiring... anything and everything that was near him. His pupils couldn't possibly stop their darting! This was surely a place he would tell people back home about!
His cart was settled in a clearing, situated amongst a thick grove of old trees. The grass here was short and littered with nearly every flower and colour anyone could possibly imagine. At the very center, stood three towering stones. On their rough and weathered surface were carved images from others that passed through here. Most were pictures of creatures, which intrigued him - others were symbols of tribes and things he couldn't quite make out.

This place was.... breathtaking!

So breathtaking indeed that Knute choked on his fruit, causing the cart to tip. His precious items went flying, scattering everywhere! Beads and charms, pelts, feathers and furs - the rest of his purple fruit! Coughing and cursing, he sat up. Picking everything up in his shame, he was so very glad that no one was around to see him. "Now, where did that charm go?" He didn't want to lose anything too important, most of the things he was keeping to bring back home. Up in the mountains, precious things like this were sought after! He couldn't possibly lose a single thing!
Pink-Myotis
Pink-Myotis
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

You with the tall tales! Empty Re: You with the tall tales!

Post by LovelyKouga Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 pm

((It's cool bro, we should jsut have fun! I'll be playing as my Asedai 'Farren', but then again, you knew that already!))

You with the tall tales! Introcard

A young Asedai woman exhaled carefully, slowing her heartbeat as quietly as she could. Her quarry was in her sights - a large, brightly coloured bird with particularly impressive plumage, breast fat with Spring weight - and she unconsciously tightened her grip on the bow in her hands. Drawing the string back with practised ease, she aimed the pointed end of her arrow right at it's heart. From her high vantage point in the trees, this would be a piece of cake. She hadn't eaten all day and was slightly weak from travel; she hoped the gurgling in her stomach wouldn't betray her position and lose her a meal.

A loud noise not fifty metres away cracked through the forest, causing the bird to rise to the air, it's squaws of fright no doubt warning any other possible prey around for miles of her presence.
Annoyed, she adjusted her aim with all the reflexes of a cat, casting her arrow anyway. It sunk deep into the bird's throat, not killing it, but instead sending it plummeting through the trees and landing with a loud 'whump'.

The woman made a fist and yanked her whole arm back - "yes!" she hissed, placing the bow onto her back and swinging down through the trees to claim her prize. But...what was this?

It had landed squarely on some poor sod's head, and was still flapping feebly in his lap, blood spurting out at irregular intervals. She approached confidently enough upon recognising him as a fellow Asedai; possibly from the snowy tribes judging by the bluish tail, and extended her hand.

"I believe that's my kill." She was ignoring the traditional greeting for now.
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

http://www.lovelykouga.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjaykirby Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 am

(this sounds pretty good,can i join in?)
jayjaykirby
jayjaykirby
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 am

((Of course! No Dimebians though ;P))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink-Myotis Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm

(( Yusss you mayy! I went to reply the other night and fell asleep like a little...bit- poo...face >3>;; dodged that one! ))

By now, Knute was well covered in the colourful entrails and liquids of both fruit and fauna. The purple-red liquid dripped from his face onto the poor creature. Without so much as a second thought, he snapped the birds neck. It was a shame to let it keep suffering such a gruesome wound! He removed the arrow before finally, trailing his eyes along her body. She was an Asedai like himself, though unlike him - her colours were primarily reds... suggesting to him that she was from somewhere very hot.

Hot...indeed...

Gulping he forced himself to stand, wiping away the mess from his face. He held the freshly culled bird out to her, averting his gaze as his ears slumped in yet more shame. "I...uh, I am Knute, and this is...yours!" In his other hand was one of her fine arrows, he wasn't the best craftsman himself - when it came to arrows anyway. "Before you tell me your name, I must request a trade for some of these feathers though!" He grinned, with all the giddiness of a child.

The way she stood and spoke to him unnerved him. He was sure that she was many years younger than him, but she sure didn't look it! "A-ah, what is your name, by the way?" he added quickly. His mind was running over all the possible things he could trade for the feathers at the moment. Anything that could distract him from the fact that he was in the presence of a female!
Pink-Myotis
Pink-Myotis
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 am

Farren lifted her chin a little in defiance - she didn't miss his slightly wandering eyes. But judging from his demeanour, it wasn't out of disrespect, she decided. He had more nervous ticks than an animal about to take a bath, and he avoided her piercing gaze. Although she also avoided other people as much as possible, it was more out of apathy. She had a way of dissecting their personalities and intentions, and more often than not, she didn't like what she saw. Men and women alike would stare blatantly at her horns - they weren't quite large enough for her to be a candidate for tribe leader, but they were certainly more than noticeable. Women became jealous and catty, and the men, well...enough said.

This man, though, was insufferably polite. It was...a welcome change.

She snatched the bird from his grasp, and pulled the beautiful tail feathers out roughly. She held one up to the sun and twirled it between her fingers, and the luminescent plumage caught the light in a very pleasing way. Before she'd only seen the bird as a meal, but now that it had been brought to her attention...yes, the feathers were almost...'pretty'. She frowned inwardly at the word. She'd never admit it, but, she liked shiny things.

"Hm, Knute huh? You're from the snowy lands, right? I'll bet you don't see birds very often out there, too cold." She chided, trying to make the feathers seem more valuable than they really were. This forest had hundreds of these birds; but you wouldn't know that unless you went up in the trees.
"I'm Farren, from the fire horde in the West." She stated, polite for now. Her eyes wandered lazily across the wares in his cart, scanning for something she might like. It was mostly food, fruits she had never seen before, but she was fine in that department. Her eyes noticed something flash amongst the grass at the tall man's feet, and her eyes lit up instantly.

"What about that?" She asked hopefully, pointing to his feet.
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 am

((Hmmm... What's your take on separate forum posts, Kouga? Like... each is it's own separate timeline/RP dealio right? Very Happy If so I would totally get in on this action with Nana if you guys didnt care Very Happy.))
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:19 am

((LOL of course, they're all separate! ^^ Join at will~))
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjaykirby Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am

((i'll be using my asedai character: kei rei))

It was a fairly brisk day in the forest, quiet too but breathtakingly beautiful as always. despite the stunning scenery nothing of interest had really transpired this morning.kei rei was busy analyzing several stones of interest, each adorned with ancient carvings. she was giddy about making a discovery that might lend some weight to her theories. she believed the carvings were of some ancient asedai civilization. kei rei believed that the asedai were the first sentient race on familea, and all other sapient beings came from them at some point but of course, like all her ideas, she had little basis for it. kei rei had spent days here sketching the stone images carefully, paying mind to each and every small detail, hanging from her mouth was a type of sweet fruit bread comprised of very tasty berries indigenous to the forests, it was something her father would bake for them to share after training with her and she still enjoyed it to this very day, because kei rei wasn't very good at culinary arts she made sure she had her father make some upon every visit of her family back at her home tribe. her eyes focused-she began carefully drawing the last image carved into the bottom right of the widest stone, eyebrows narrowed and sweat on her brow, kei rei had some difficulty making out the form of the image. she felt these carvings had some kind of connection with the ones she discovered in the lands of the fire horde, and the ones tuli had shown to her during her visit to the winter grasped mountains in the northwest.

"I know I'm on to something here" she thought trying to reassure herself. as she drew in the final details, kei rei sucked in her bread, chewed it up and swallowed, sighing in blissful relief. her eagle sora returned with a mouth full of what would be lunch it seemed. kei rei eagerly showed her findings, giddy and exhaling like a nerd at a book sell in uncontrollable excitement.

"look, look sora! I finally finished!" kei rei cheerfully presented her sketches to sora, humming happily with a big smile stretch across her face.
"see wasn't waiting here for days worth it?!" kei rei gleefully asked her feather companion, while he did speak the asedai languange, kei rei could understand his caws and screeches. sora returned a soft chirp, dropping his kill in the process. kei rei smiled warmly in return.

"ooh lunch! what do we have here!" kei rei snatched up the dead reptile, it's head was adorned with a striking crest made up of a stunning prism of colors, two curved symmetric curves streaked across its face down to the neck. it's long tail possessing a red hued sphere reflecting light off while she held it to the sun.

"aw, it's so pretty though...why do you always kill the pretty ones sora?" kei rei whined in disappointment. kei rei opened up her pouch, she when traveling she used a magic enchantment to shrink her items and store them within, kei rei pulled out a carving knife and restored it to its original size.

"well, nothing to be done now I guess, don't worry beautiful little one won't waste a part!" kei rei sat in the ground and said a small prayer for the creature before she began cutting down the middle. just as she was coming to a finish a rather sudden crash made her ears twitch, cocking her head in the direction of the noise almost instantly.

"what was that..." she said softly, standing on her feet in reaction to the sudden sound. kei rei stared in that direction for a few moments before motioning to sora to follow her. she ran off into the forest,curious to see what caused it.

"oh my gosh, what if it was one of those shooting stars! maybe one crashed here, now I can see what hold!" kei rei believed that shooting stars where just that, literal stars. it was probably safe to say no asedai was aware that stars were actually giant luminous gaseous flaming balls in space, at the very least kei rei wasn't. speeding through the trees, kei rei's foot got caught in a loose tree stem popping out of the ground, causing her to trip and tumble downward unto a rather bulky male asedai covered in purple fruit juices. her notes scattered everywhere, kei rei rubbed her head and picked herself up. she gathered herself by checking her sorrounding, spotting her scattered notes everywhere.

"oh no! those took me days!" she panicked,running toward her precious findings she tripped over a rock, tumbing head first into a nearby tree. her vision blurred and her head ringing, she shook her head a few times to clear up her sight...just now noticing the rather...intimidating large male before her.

"I..I..I I'm so s...s...sorry!" she stuttered in embarrassment. "I didn't realize you were there!" kei rei felt ashamed for knocking into him so rudely. her head was on the ground and her lower body facing upward toward the treetop, she looked pretty silly right about now. what's more, her horns were now stuck in the ground....kei rei whimpered as she tried to pull herself out. kei rei kept tugging until she popped out and rolled backward, suddenly looking upward into the piercing gaze of a fiery haired asedai woman, her guess being from the fire hordes based on the red tail.

"o..oh..oh my, she's...wow, she l...looks so tough, what should I say???" the sharp eyes and soul piercing eyes of the hunter made kei rei feel tongue tied, people with her look always intimidated kei rei to the point where she could barely form a sentence, never sure how to interact with one so commanding in appearance.
jayjaykirby
jayjaykirby
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanarith Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Nanarith was grinning brightly to herself. She couldn't remember the last time she had been let out alone from the village. One of her teachers had said it was supposed to be a 'soulful training exercise to better understand yourself and nature', to give her some kind of worldly training or some such silly thing she didn't care about at the moment. She only cared she was by herself in this beautiful forest. She had been told to be careful, it was a somewhat popular hunting ground. She felt confident she could handle herself against whatever animal or Asedai came across her, looking for a fight.

She was getting kind of hungry though, she hadn't been allowed to pack any food at all. Another part of the 'training', she had to scavenge for anything she needed. She sighed slightly, shaking her head. She thought it pointless to do so when she could so readily find it with her magic. Closing her eyes and exhaling slightly, she put her hands out in front of her, spreading them open so her palms were flat out like she was pressing her hands against open air. She willed a slight vibration to emanate from each of her palms, cutting through the dense trees and searching for any edible fauna or flora she could find. She hadn't used this very much, so she just went with simply seeing if ANY kind of animals might be near, she wasn't too hopeful it would pick up berries or the like. It was a sort of sonar, it could potentially travel up to a mile ahead of her if she let it do so. She let it go outwards for a few minutes, willing it the 'waves' to return to her. It had actually found something quite curious.

Three humanoid creatures were about 20 feet out ahead of her. No mistake, they were three Asedai. She was wary about interaction, but if there was a hunting party out here they might be willing to trade for food or water. It would save her having to look for it.

Boldy striding forward, she didn't hide the noise she made coming through the brush, walking out into the area the three were in. Looking the three over for a possible leader, she quickly ascertained the red haired female of the bunch to be as such. Certainly not he male and CERTAINLY not the one that had her horns stuck in the ground when she came upon them.

Putting on a warm smile she inclined her head towards Farren, "Greetings, I am Nanarith, would your er...hunting party, be willing to trade for any food or water? I have a few baubles that might interest you, or I know a bit of healing magic if any of you are injured." She kept the warm smile, waiting for an answer.
Nanarith
Nanarith
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink-Myotis Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

((Heya, do you mind me putting a pause on this for at least a day or more? you guys can keep going if you want! Just pretend Knutes distracted.
I got pretty sick recently... and I just feel freaking butt all the time! I really want to reply cos being dead is boring! Anyways, sorry guysss! >: I can't focus long enough to read everything everyone writes - even this took like three tries to type!))
Pink-Myotis
Pink-Myotis
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjaykirby Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 pm

((i'm willing to wait myotis,i just got strep throat >_<))
jayjaykirby
jayjaykirby
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink-Myotis Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 am

(( I LIIIVE OMGAAWD. I have a munted voice but THAT'S OKAY I DON'T NEED IT!
I haven't done a group rp in YEAAARS so bear with me omg, I will die! XD ))

Knute backed away, bewildered by the fact that there were now papers scattered everywhere!! He ruffled his already messy hair, tugging on his striped tails, trying his very best not to scream!
Today, was just not his day. Taking a deep breath he stood, turning to girl that had embarrassed herself. "Oh...that's uh, fine. I've had worse!" He searched around for the charm the red haired woman had asked for, picking it up with a sudden excited yelp before shoving it into her hands. It was a small bit of wood, carved crudely as a sloth-creature that held in it's claws red and green orbs. "Here you go, there's a few others too if you don't like that one. I just gotta... find them..." he clutched his head in hopelessness again as a new pale haired Asedai approached them. "In all..." he then gestured "In all this mess."

Oh, three women, in the wilderness - all gathered around him. Most men would relish this idea, but he was raised to be almost stupidly respectful. Because of this, he was pretty nervous and wishing he was elsewhere - with his items all in their proper places, so that he could trade them off without having to spend all day finding them!

"Did someone mention...TRADING!?" Knute spun toward the newest female, rubbing his hands together. "I have quite a bit of anything and everything - uh, scattered... everywhere." He said, rather nervously as he picked a few things up. The chance to trade with anyone after many days of wandering the paths alone was amazing!
Pink-Myotis
Pink-Myotis
Asedai
Asedai

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyKouga Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:10 pm

((SO glad you're back darling!))

Farren sniffed disdainfully at the two new arrivals, deciding that they weren't much threat. Even so, she was pleased with the clumsy one's appraisal of her, and placed a hand on her hip in a commanding manner. Being outnumbered made her slightly nervous - she hadn't been around this many people in some time. Probably best to take charge right off the bat. She nudged a piece of paper over with her foot, admiring the rather rushed drawing of a...oh.

Her eyes zipped quickly across the charm in her hand, a small grin threatening to break out over her stoic features. Well, well...what an odd coincidence. Although she was not the most spiritual of people, even she had to take this familiar shape as a sign. A sign to even the numbers, that is.

The small red-headed Asedai shoved the dead fowl into the startled man's cart, rather unceremoniously.
"Yes, this is an acceptable trade." She said, without thanks. "In fact, I know of someone who would love to see it. Perhaps another guest for our little...party?"

She picked a leaf from a nearby tree and cupped her hands together around it, blowing through the small gaps. A strange whistling sound cut through the trees, and almost instantly, a great crashing sound could be heard above them, heading straight for the gathered Asedai. Leaves fell and twirled all around them and she caught one, crushing it in her fist.

"Fair warning - he doesn't like eye contact. Also, pointy things." Farren said calmly. Just then, a huge animal resembling a sloth mixed with a bear crashed through the final level of foliage above them, and landed heavily next to her. He had several white markings painted on his course fur, and one arm was haphazardly wrapped in bandages. His beady brown eyes looked to each of the party in turn, but he say back on his haunches and snuffled, unimpressed. They really were quite a pair.

"And Blondie," she added, referring to Nanarith. "I think my friend could use a little of that healing magic, too. We got into a fight yesterday...but you should have seen the other creature by the time we were through with it." She snickered at that.
LovelyKouga
LovelyKouga
Dimebian
Dimebian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum